Section23 Developments is a diversified real estate collective specializing in architecture, land development and housing, with a track record spanning more than three decades. Our roots, however, go back to 1923 with the establishment of Ollerenshaw Ranch in what is now southeast Calgary. Over the past twenty years, the family’s business and land holdings have transitioned from those traditional roots towards the areas of residential architecture and suburban land development, with more recent initiatives focused upon inner-city residential and commercial redevelopment. Section23’s interests also include residential home construction through our ownership of Baywest Homes. Baywest Homes has a proud history and has emerged as one of Calgary’s most exciting specialty builders. Our focus is on move-up, estate, villa bungalows and custom homes in the city’s most dynamic new communities. We are an entrepreneurial, collaborative organization with a reputation of friendly, knowledgeable, honest, and professional conduct. With a dynamic breadth of skill and a reputation for results, our people consistently exemplify our core values as we collaborate to realize our vision. Baywest Homes is currently seeking a Manager – Design, Drafting & Production to join our dynamic and award-winning team. In addition to a competitive salary and benefits package, we offer a vibrant, collaborative work environment that encourages personal and professional growth. Baywest has a corporate culture that focuses on passion, people, integrity, accountability and respect for each other and our homeowners. We strive to maintain a fun and rewarding workplace.
- Degree or diploma in architectural technology, architecture, project management
- Minimum of 10+ years experience in the home building industry in a management role working with a creative team
- Proven ability to schedule and achieve design and drafting objectives while maintaining a high standard in residential design
- Exceptional communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to present ideas and concepts to multiple stakeholders
- Extensive knowledge of residential construction
- Strong planning, time management, and organizational skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects at any given time
- Meticulous with details with a high degree of accountability
- Strong knowledge of residential architecture, forms, and styles
- Proficiency in creating detailed and accurate residential construction drawings using AutoCAD
- Having worked in a residential home building production environment would be an asset
Working Conditions: Core office hours are Monday to Friday 8 am to 5 pm. To Apply: If you are a match for this full-time, on-site position at Calgary’s most dynamic and energetic home building team, please forward your resume with cover letter in confidence to the attention of Brad Wright, Vice President Urban Design & Architecture via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference “Manager - Design, Drafting & Production” in the subject line of your email. We are grateful for your interest in this position, however, only candidates selected for pre-screening will be contacted.